What’s New: Intel today introduced its new 10th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro® processors, built to power the next generation of business computing innovation for the increasingly remote workforce. The new mobile and desktop PC processors deliver increased productivity improvements, connectivity, security features and remote manageability – all to empower IT to deliver amazing experiences, helping employees stay connected, more productive, more secure and in the flow with minimal interruptions.
“Built for business, the Intel vPro platform is a comprehensive PC foundation for performance, hardware-enhanced security, manageability and stability. With our new 10th Gen Intel Core vPro processors, we’ve enhanced that solid PC foundation to help tackle not only today’s challenges, but also those of future work environments across the PC lifecycle.”
– Stephanie Hallford, Intel vice president of the Client Computing Group and general manager of Business Client Platforms
How it Enables the Modern Workforce: For more than a decade, the Intel vPro platform has empowered IT to help businesses, large and small, keep employees productive, help secure company assets and simplify fleet management. That dedication continues to expand through the latest Intel vPro® platform, powered by 10th Gen Intel Core vPro processors, to deliver uncompromised productivity, hardware-based security features and a foundation for computing innovation.
Systems powered by the latest Intel vPro processors give workers the business-class performance and responsiveness they need to be productive, plus integrated Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) connectivity, which is the best Wi-Fi technology for video conferencing1; more reliable performance; and manageability technologies to address new and emerging challenges for IT and users. All of this can be delivered on a range of form factors: from sleek, powerful and modern devices based on Intel’s Project Athena innovation program to high-performing desktop designs.
“For more than a decade, Cisco and Intel have partnered to deliver an unrivaled wireless experience, helping to elevate Wi-Fi’s business relevance and impact,” said Matt MacPherson, Wireless CTO at Cisco. “This close partnership provides early and extensive testing that ensures, as new industry standards and innovations emerge, Cisco and Intel customers can quickly and confidently embrace the latest technology. We’re excited for customers to experience the more reliable connections, faster downloads and improved application performance of the new 10th Gen Intel Core vPro processors and Cisco’s latest Wi-Fi 6 certified access points.”
Improvements in this generation include:
- Up to 40% better overall application performance compared with a 3-year-old laptop2.
- Up to 36% better office productivity compared with a 3-year-old laptop3.
- Analyze and visualize data up to 44% faster compared with a 5-year-old desktop4.
- Nearly 3 times faster5 Gigabit speeds and improved performance in dense environments with integrated Intel® Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) for the best Wi-Fi technology for video conferencing1.
- Rapid responsiveness, worry-free battery life and instant resume with Project Athena-based laptops.
For Internet of Things (IoT) developers, 10th Gen Intel Core vPro processors and Intel® Xeon® W-1200E series based on the Intel vPro platform provide business-class performance, remote management and more – ideal for applications in retail, banking, hospitality, education, healthcare, manufacturing and more.
About Key Features and Capabilities: Additional new 10th Gen Intel Core vPro processor developments for enhanced security, lifecycle management and operational stability include:
A More Secure Foundation:
- Intel Hardware Shield provides built-in hardware-enhanced security features to help prevent cyber-attacks – now with advanced threat detection and extended below-the-OS protection features to help safeguard system memory critical resources.
- Intel Transparent Supply Chain helps enable the traceability and authenticity of PC components for greater peace of mind.
Modern Lifecycle Management:
- Intel® Active Management Technology and Intel® Endpoint Management Assistance can help businesses save time and money on deskside support, PC maintenance and employee downtime with remote manageability of devices, whether on-premises or in the cloud.
PCs built with the new 10th Gen Intel Core vPro mobile and desktop processors are expected to be available from PC manufacturers over the next several months.
More Context: Intel 10th Gen Core vPro Platform Product Brief | Intel 10th Gen Core vPro Processor Product Brief | Internet of Things Platform Brief | Intel Xeon W-1200 Workstation Processors Product Brief